Artichoke Cheese Bread
A wonderfully rich, warming side dish courtesy of Sue Simpson.
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ c Vegan Cheddar, Shredded
- ½ c Vegan Monterrey Jack, Shredded
- 13 oz Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Drained & Chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ c Nutritional Yeast or Parmesan, Grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Halve bread lengthwise and scoop out center with your fingers. Tear the center into small pieces. Set the bread shells aside.
- Toss the bread pieces with Italian Seasoning.
- Spread bread pieces evenly on a baking tray and bake until toasted (about 15 minutes). Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine browned bread, cheeses, artichoke hearts, and lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper to taste, Stir together.
- Spoon mixture into bread shells. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (or Parmesan).
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, slice & serve warm.