A thick and hearty stew that a rabbit would eat! I sometimes add diced fennel in with the carrots and stuff. The quantities listed will make about 8 large bowls of soup.
- 1 Lg Onion, Diced
- 275 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2-3 Leeks, sliced
- 15 oz Diced, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 lb Carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 stalk Celery, diced
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 Green Pepper, diced
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- ½ lb Pasta, dry
- 3-4 qt Vegetable Stock
- 1 pkg Frozen Sweet Corn
Salt & pepper to taste as you go.
- In a big stock pot, pour in some olive oil and cook the onion and leeks down until the onion starts becoming translucent - about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes and 3qt of the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, celery, Brussels sprouts, peppers, and corn. Bring back to a boil then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and pasta. Add more stock if necessary. Bring back to a boil and then simmer until the pasta is done and the potato peels start to separate from the potatoes.